Sunday, January 16, 2011

Were home...Day 1 to Week 3 with Wyatt

First off I would like to tell my mother, thank you! Thank you for keeping me alive as a newborn! I have a complete new found respect for women and moms! It has been a awesome three weeks for us, Travis has had to go into work very little and when he does is always right back at home with us. We all got to leave the hospital the next day and it worked out perfect because Travis' dad got into town the same day! It has been such a learning experience for both Travis and I but we are doing quite good I think! He came home with a little jaundice and so we were advised to just keep nursing and have a check up at 2 weeks. When he came home he weighed 7.11 oz and we were told he would lose a few pounds but should re gain some weight or get up to his birth weight on our 2 week check up. Well we had our check up and the little guy was almost 100% cleared of his jaundice and weighs 8.14 oz's, the doctor asked if I was giving him growth hormones! Nope just a good feeder I guess, we were also convinced he was just catching up on some extra poundage he needed:) We don't go into until 8 weeks now. Feeding has been a little painful and challenging at times but it seems to get a little better each day, night feedings are tough and we are definitely on Wyatt's schedule. You always hear about sleep deprivation but I thought no not us, I get to sleep all day and take naps with him when he does, but even if you do somehow happen to get a little nap during the day you are still sooooo TIRED! It didn't hit me until the start of week 3!

The first two weeks Wyatt didn't do much, a lot of sleep, eat, poop, and fuss a little, but week 3 I am starting to notice he is awake more and starting to look me in the eyes, especially during nursing. He loves looking at lights and out the window and is getting a little more interesting. It kinda reminds me when we bought our first dog Max and brought him home, I was so excited to have him but he didn't do anything the first day, he slept, and cried and when my brother met him for the first time, he said, " he's boring, make him do something " then walked away. Not to compare my first born and first dog, but the first weeks are a lot of learning and then waiting for something interesting but it wasn't until week 3 that i started to notice his little personality, his different crys, and his little looks.

Anyway he is doing great and he gets to take a lot of naps with Dad and has taken a few nice warm baths too because his umbilical cord fell off on day 9! He loves lounging in his tub, we say he looks like a little old man sitting in a hot tub. He gets really relaxed and kinda spaces out in the warm water. The dogs have been awesome with Wyatt too, they were really calm the first days and Travis made sure of that! Bubba has to come check on him every time he crys and usually sniffs his feet and then looks at me to see if I'm going to do anything. Bailey I don't think really knows whats going on, she still trys to sleep on our laps even when were holding him. Im afraid she will smother him with her huge wrinkles. Anyway the trip with my in laws was great, they cooked us breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday and I don't think I ever had to clean, or pick up anything the whole time. Thank you so much Peg and Rex. They really enjoyed spending time with their first grandson as well, it was cool to see 3 generations of Newby men together for the first time! My mom is due up here in a week and Im sooo excited to get help again;) We also gave him his first binky at 3 weeks, and he did pretty well and took it but sometimes spits it out right away but for the most part its been a success, lord knows we will need it for those plane rides!







Yup a lot of sleepy time! 

3 comments:

  1. l like those shorts travis, very short, they are probably boxers, but they look like yer sportin some short shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, only for my viewing pleasure, funny!
    so you go to the design page, add a gadget...i think its the "link list" one. its different than facebook. you dont need to ask anyone to be your friend, if you know someones blog address you just add it in, if its right their title will show up. if its wrong youll get some kinda error. if they are set to private, they have to go into their account and invite you thru email, then the only people that can see theirs is ones that log into their email or blogger first...they all are linked thru emails, thats how it knows. like if you tried to look at amy and marcus thru my blog, it would say you need an email invite, cuz amy set hers to private when she set it up, bla bla bla
    you get it

    ReplyDelete
  3. and tell your parents your address so they can go look at it...they would like it...my dad checks mine all the time, gets mad when i dont update enough. they can post comments now without a blog, i think, thats new, i think i just did it on that last comment. my dad never comments, punk, his comments would be funny too..and he has a blog, making commenting easy, but he never updates his, which would be funny too

    ReplyDelete