Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Wyatt's 1 month old!

Bath time, he was around 3 weeks here.

1 Month, every month I am going to size him up to this frame to see his growth compared to something else.



So Wyatt is 1 month old and is weighing around 10.2 oz according to our scale at home. Makes sense the boy eats every two hours on the dot, even at night!! So remember how we thought all he did was sleep, well not anymore! I think 3 weeks and 1 day he completely transformed into the awake baby, he is always up with me during the day it seems. Also, the sounds that he use to sleep thru like the dogs barking, someone knocking, or the t.v. seem to startle and wake him up during naps now. He is starting to be a lot more aware and is always looking around for something to look at. We recently started using the swing and its so cool because he will watch the fish go around in a circle above his head, it enertains him for maybe 1 minute:) He has also been trying to suck his thumb but cant quite figure out how to get it out of his fist. Travis trys to pull it out and put it in his mouth but he always winds up sucking his on his whole fist. He took a bottle at about 3 and half weeks like a champ. Dad made me leave the house to return a movie so I wouldn't be a distraction, and I was so worried he would take the bottle and never need me anymore haha, but nope I got home and he wanted to feed with me right away! I have also noticed that he is starting to love his mamas touch and hold, and I dont want to say he favors me yet but he might be a mama's boy!:) 

1 month birthday present, Jungle Gym!! He's trying to grab things but really just hits it on accident and wonders what that was!

Bottle time.
Travis has also recently gone back to work and I have been holding the fort down with the dogs for a couple days now without him. Its been going pretty well, the dogs are behaving and have only chewed on one outfit and his giraffe toy once. I have to constantly watch Bailey our bulldog tho because she likes to stick her huge head on the edge of the swing and stop it to lick his feet until he can't take it anymore or until I have to yell at her. Bubba just looks at him, maybe gives him a nudge and walks away. They are both doing really well and Wyatt is starting to look at them more when they come to say hi. Wyatt also has this incredibly cute noise he makes after two sneezes, it happens almost every time. He will sneeze this big egzagerated sneeze and then as he is going back to do another one he goes, ooooohhhh instead really loud, as if he just had the biggest sigh of relief ever. We always look forward to it and keep trying to record it but never get it in time. Anyway I was really looking forward to my mom being here in less than a week but she recently changed her ticket for me because Travis came home and told me that he will be leaving for 20 days at the end of February for avalanche training in Utah, so I had my mom change her ticket to come at that time instead for help and support. I am very sad about that because Wyatt will be turning 3 months and will be changing a lot but I know we can do it without dad if we have to! Thanks mom for doing that for me.


Everyone waiting for Dad to come home.







1 comment:

  1. keep up the blogs, i like that picture of everyone waiting for dad, and the frame thing is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete